Each year at the TN Housing Conference we recognize individuals and organizations across the state who have done particularly outstanding work in the area of affordable housing during the previous year. This year’s winners will be recognized at the plenary breakfast on Thursday, March 12.
Here are this year’s nominees:
Category: Neighborhood Stabilization
An organization that has significantly contributed to the stabilization of a neighborhood, through their use of THDA programs or the orchestrated use of THDA programs with other housing organizations.
- KCDC – Five Points Development (Ben Bentley)
- The Restoration House of East TN (Marisa Lykins)
- KHRA – Cloud Apartments (Terry Cunningham)
- Wishrock – River View Tower, formerly Jaycee Tower (Penn Lindsay)
- Habitat for Humanity of Nashville – Carter Work Project (Danny Herron)
- Franklin Housing Authority – Reddick Senior Residence Public/Private partnership (Derwin Jackson)
- The Works – SoMe RAP (Roshun Austin)
- Wesley Living – Assisted Living and Senior Housing (Jim Nasso)
- Jonah Housing Development – New Start (Harold Nance)
- Binghampton Development Corp. – Binghampton (Noah Gray)
Category: Regional Impact Award
A person, organization or project that has demonstrated a dedication to affordable housing and has created an enduring partnership with THDA through our programs.
- Highmark Holdings (Robert King)
- KHRA – (Terry Cunningham)
- Healthy Community LLC – Jackson/Lambeth Campus (Chris Alexander)
Category: Legacy Award (For an Individual)
Given when desired at the direction of the Executive Director of THDA to recognize a lifetime or enduring contribution to affordable housing in Tennessee.
- Henry Turley (Henry Turley Co.)
- Terry Cunningham (KHRA)
- Stephen Murray (Community Housing Partnership)
Category: Housing Leadership Award (For an Individual)
A person who has contributed significantly to increasing the availability and/or awareness of affordable housing in Tennessee and serves as an inspirational leader for their organization and/or advocate for affordable housing.
- Bettie Kirkland (Project Return)
- Kate Tucker (Art Space)
- Amy McDonald (TN Homeless Solutions)
Category: Director’s Award
A person, organization, program or activity found by the THDA Executive Director to have made the greatest impact in their area of expertise and were instrumental in creating affordable housing opportunities to those in need.
- Marie Williams (TN Dept. of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services)
- David M. Dworkin (NHC)
- Jim Harbison (MDHA – Envision Cayce)